Monday, January 7, 2008

2007 Bowman Draft Picks & Prospects


I'll admit, I don't have time to remember all the hot future prospects in minor league baseball who might be a future all-star. I don't even know if it would be humanly possible for me to. Even now, when my wife catches me watching the College World Series, she has murder in her eyes. If there was minor league baseball on TV, I would best avoid it if I knew what was good for me. Well, I do know what's good for me, and it amazes even me that I can get away with watching (bits and pieces of) 2 bowl games a day for a week! Maybe, deep down, she really does love me more than her loathing of televised sports.. at least sometimes.

I bought a pack of 2007 Bowman Draft Picks & Prospects knowing that most likely I'll have never heard of these guys, and maybe even never hear of them again. But I don't care.. It's a shiny pack of cards and I have to see what I get, right?

Here's what I got:

#BDP3 Justin Upton [rookie]
#BDP31 Jessie Litsch [rookie]

#BDP45 Felix Pie [rookie, gold parallel]
#BDPP15 Eric Eiland [draft pick, chrome]
#BDPP27 Brant Rustich [draft pick]
#BDPP28 Andrew Lambo [draft pick, chrome]
#BDPP56 Brad Mills [draft pick]

Pack Stats:

What it cost me: $ 2.99
Beckett NM/MT worth: N/A
Insert odds I beat: none
Most valuable card: N/A


Well, I do recognize Felix Pie's name.. I must have seen him play on WGN last year. Justin Upton sounds really promising. Yes, he's Devil Rays BJ Upton's little brother. Justin was a #1 Draft Pick for Arizona, and back in the day he was awarded the
AFLAC National High School Player of the Year award and the 2007 USA Today Minor League Player of the Year award. He's currently the youngest player in MLB and he's reminding a lot of people of Ken Griffey Jr. Jessie Litsch sounds good too, last year for the Blue Jays he started against Josh Beckett and the Red Sox and came away with a 2-1 win after going 6.2 innings. This year he'll be battling for a starting rotation spot for Toronto.

No comments:

Other Hobby Blogs