Thursday, January 24, 2008

2001 Upper Deck Minor League Centennial

This sure is an interesting set. It's chock full of hall of famers sporting their minor league uniforms in old grainy photos, along with prospects of '01 to fill the 100 card set. And if you're lucky, you'll find a Michael Jordan Minor League Memorabilia Card. When I pulled the Ozzie Smith, I was surprised to see he played for the Hawaii Islanders of the Pacific Coast League. I'm from Portland, OR so I grew up with the Portland Beavers PCL team. And I've never heard of the Islanders.. it turns out they became the Colorado Springs Sky Sox in 1988. The road trips for the Islanders must have been hell.. but it'd be worth it to play minor league ball in freakin' Hawaii, and it turns out that, along with Oz, Barry Bonds and Tony Gwynn did just that.

Here's what I got:

#14 Jason Hart
#27 Jamal Strong
#53 Bill Hall
#79 Pat Strange
#81 Ozzie Smith

What it cost me: $3.00

Beckett NM/MT worth: $2.25
Insert odds I beat: N/A
Most valuable card: #81 Ozzie Smith @ $ .75, #53 Bill Hall @ $ .75

No comments:

Other Hobby Blogs