Sunday, February 21, 2010

Pack Break: 1988 Topps Leaders Baseball

I was rummaging through the bargain packs at Hoopla's in SW Portland a couple days ago for my 8 year old nephew and I to rip, and I picked up a couple of these and a couple of '93 UD Fun Pack. He thinks minis are so cool. So do I.. hehe. The cards measure about 2 1/8" by 3".

I recently watched Charlie Hough's start for the Marlins Inaugural Opening Day at Dolphin Stadium vs. the Dodgers with Orel Hershiser and Darryl Strawberry from iTunes for $1.99. Good Times. Except for Chris Berman. If Hough was still pitching, and I think he is somewhere in Japan, he would now be pitching at age 62!

There was no code to be found on the back of the sweepstakes card.

I really, really like the backs of these! How often did you see such bright colors and even a photo on the backs of cards in the 80's?


Future pack breaks:
  • 1993 Upper Deck Fun Pack Baseball
  • 2008 Upper Deck SP Baseball x3
  • 2010 Topps Baseball Hobby
Feel free to suggest which one I do next.

No comments:

Other Hobby Blogs