Monday, February 15, 2010

Card of the Day: 1975-76 Topps Portland Trail Blazers Team Checklist

This is now, by far, the oldest Trail Blazers card I own. The back states who 8 of the players are and I think I figured out the rest.

#10 is Phil Lumpkin who spent his rookie year with the Blazers after being drafted in the second round out of Miami University. He was traded to Phoenix Suns for the 1975-76 season and was waived the year after. He did have a card in this set as a Phoenix Sun.
#19 is Lenny Wilkens. He retired after the 1974-75 season and did not have a card in this set.
#27 is John Johnson who only played 9 games in 1975 for Portland before he was traded to the Cavs for Steve Hawes.
#4 is Greg Smith near the end of his career. He was waived on 11/7/75 after just one game played that season, his final NBA game.
I believe the coach was Jack McCloskey. Which one of the two pictured was him, I don't know.

By the way, Big Contest Tomorrow!!


No comments:

Other Hobby Blogs