Monday, March 8, 2010

Pack Break: 2010 Topps UFC Main Event


I've been mildly following the UFC for a few years now ever since my brother-in-law started inviting me and the wife over to their UFC fight night every few months. The first main event fight I saw was UFC 60 when Matt Hughes defeated the legend Hoyce Gracie by TKO. The most memorable moment had to be when Hughes had Gracie in a horrible arm lock, and Gracie, with a face of stone, just refused to tap out, even if it meant a broken arm. I guess Hughes decided not to break the arm and he ended up winning anyways by TKO. Honestly, if he did break the arm, I don't know if I would have kept watching UFC fights. Eesh.

Here's what the base cards look like. They don't scan very well because they're all foils.

Some more base cards. Notice the Torres doesn't say UFC but instead WEC. I don't know what that is, maybe some lesser league owned by the UFC.

I pulled one of the fight poster inserts featuring UFC 34 which looks great.

I don't plan on putting a base set together, but apparently there's a propaganda insert set just like the one put into '09 Updates & Highlights Baseball and I think I'll be chasing those. I'd love to trade for them if anyone has any.


Future pack breaks:
  • 2001 Topps Archives Reserve
  • 2007-08 Fleer Ultra Basketball x2
  • 2008 Upper Deck SP Baseball x3
  • 2010 Topps Attax Baseball x2
Feel free to let me know which one you'd like to see next.

No comments:

Other Hobby Blogs