Friday, March 5, 2010

eBay Selling Success

I recently purchased a Panini Adrenalyn XL NBA starter kit, 1 for me and 1 for my wife. I have a thing for sports related collectible card games, and she likes to play me. We played a ton of games of MLB Showdown years ago when we first started dating. I think she just likes to spend time with me. Anyways, the kits come with 4 packs, a playing mat and an album to put the cards in. Its funny how 23 years after I bought my last album from panini, a baseball sticker album, they've come around and now sold me another. So, I opened my 4 packs and I pulled the rarest version of the Lebron James card. I was curious and tried looking it up on eBay. They had none for sale and none previously sold. And the less rare varieties were selling very well. So I threw it on eBay for $.99 knowing it would get tons of bids, hoping to net 20 bucks. Check out how much it sold for:

LeBron James Panini Adrenalyn XL ELITE


I was stunned! And I feel very lucky to have pulled it out of a 99 cent pack! Woohoo!

By the way, the game is pretty fun, if you have someone to enjoy it with of course.

3 comments:

cynicalbuddha said...

That's a great score and paid for the starter kit i'm sure. I like the detailed shipping packaging on your listing. I started doing the same thing. I wish more sellers took the time to put a little effort into there listing. More is more and the story helps sell the product. Nice haul.

sociallyawkwardjellyfish said...

Thanks. I think the kit was $7.

Play at the Plate said...

I should put the Lebron I got at the All-Star fanfest up there...it's the Panini with the All-Star fan Jam logo.

Other Hobby Blogs