Monday, September 28, 2009

2009 Baseball Card of the Year: 5th Nomination

I would have nominated this one already had I owned it. I picked it up, along with the entire Rangers set off of eBay for a cheap way to knock some cards off of my checklist and also to feed the need to acquire my first Topps Wal-Mart Dark parallels, which I'm glad I got out of my system.

Rangers Ballpark in Arlington really looks like a great ballpark. It's hard to believe it's already 15 years old! The stadium in the background plus Murphy and Hamilton celebrating what looks to be a Rangers run.. all put together, this card just might be the best of the year.

Noms thus far:
  1. Topps #559 Esteban German
  2. Topps # 124 Reed Johnson
  3. Topps # 7 Mickey Mantle
  4. Topps Allen & Ginter # 18 Clyde Parris
  5. Topps #614 David Murphy
My Rules:
  1. Base cards only.
  2. I will only pick from cards I own. Any cards I do not own are automatically DISqualified!
  3. Focus will mostly be on photography. Design only plays a small part since this is base cards only.
  4. I'll pick as many noms as I want.
  5. You can suggest noms, but, see rule 2.
  6. I don't know yet how the best card will be selected. (contest?)
  7. The card subject must be about baseball and not the Milky Way or something like that.

No comments:

Other Hobby Blogs